Alec… the big brother to our own Stephen Baldwin, has just released a new comedic viral video on his support for changing the definition of marriage in his home state of New York to mean something it’s never meant before.
Alec, is a likable guy. I’ve had the chance to be with him on several occasions over the past couple of years. He’s funny, charming, uber-polite, and, well… a wee bit confused:
Alec’s confusion is multiple fold…
1. No one of any “sexual orientation” is disallowed marriage in New York State. A homosexual, a heterosexual, someone who’s into adultery, or porn, or cousins, or whatever… If they show up and apply for a marriage license they will be awarded one.
2. Not every sexual relationship is equal to marriage… And for what it’s worth not all marriages are all that sexually exciting. But adultery–for example–is a notably poorer sexual relationship than marriage. There is distrust, lack of reliability, inconvenience, deception, lying, and a whole host of psychological problems that accompany people who commit adultery…
3. Marriage is more than sexual activity… Picking who one wishes to kiss, hold hands, or sleep with is the easy part. But that alone doesn’t mean it’s marriage, or even love… Are people who masturbate actually “loving” themselves?
4. Marriage remains marriage regardless of who makes what false claim about it. Marriage does not discriminate. It simply is the defined definition of a sexual relationship, that involves a legal and usually spiritual recognition, that commits one another’s resources, life, and FIDELITY to one another for a lifetime.
5. Anyone engaging in homosexuality IS ALLOWED to create legal agreements that recognize every ounce of commitment, material possession, hospital visitation, inheritance, and every other thing they wish to include in it. Heck they can go on legalzoom.com and draw up the contract without even having to bother anyone else. And voila… it’s binding and sustainable in a court of law… see problem fixed.
Alec is probably confused… Or he could be just dishonest.
People who are forcing society to change the definition of the sexual union that built our nation, are genuinely not interested in “equality.”
They want “preference.”
They want “sanction.”
And they don’t want horrible, rotten, Christians, Catholics, preachers, priests, or anyone with a Bible that they ever read telling them anything other than what they wish to hear.
So sad Alec, that you’d wish the unhappiness that is the homosexual experience upon people who could be free of it. Or maybe you’ve never seen homosexuality, or lesbianism, enter someone’s life that you cared about closely, and watched the malfunction turn the person’s personality into someone you barely knew…
I have… and it indeed… is… sad!